Transfer from another institution
Transfer from another institution (Polish or foreign) to the University of Warsaw is possible for a student who has completed the first year of studies. The application is to be submitted to the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs at the Faculty to which a student wishes to transfer to. Next, the student’s application along with the opinion of the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs is delivered to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and Quality of Teaching and Learning who makes the decision.
Documents that should be attached to the letter of request*:
- a transcript of records with a confirmation of a current study term completion;
- a document of legalisation of stay within the territory of Poland;
- a document accepted or issued by the University of Warsaw confirming proficiency in English language (at least B2 level) – applies to studies conducted in English;
- a document accepted by the University of Warsaw confirming proficiency in Polish language (at least B2 level); the Polish language skills can also be verified during an exam or an interview if such is organized – applies to studies conducted in Polish;
- some faculties may require additional documents.
* all documents are to be translated by a sworn translator into Polish (when applying for the transfer to studies conducted in Polish) or English (when applying for the transfer to studies conducted in English).
programmes in English at University of Warsaw