Non-European Union citizens

Print This Page Print This Page

Entering the territory of Poland:

Citizens of non-EU countries may enter Poland and stay within its territory on a basis of Schengen or national visa. Visa is issued by a consul.

Schengen Visa (marked with C symbol) – is issued when the planned stay on the territory of the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days within each 180-day period.

National visa (marked with D symbol) – entitles to entry and a continuous stay in the territory of Poland or to several consecutive stays which jointly last longer than 90 days, the period of validity of a national visa cannot exceed 1 year.

Conditions of entry and stay in Poland of foreigners holding a national visa (D symbol) or a residence document (e.g. residence card) issued by another Member State of Schengen area:

List of countries, citizens of which are exempted from a visa and the rules of visa-free regime:

Temporary residence permit:

The application for a permanent residence permit is submitted in person, no later than on the last day of legal residence in Poland to a voivode having jurisdiction over place of residence (Wojewoda Mazowiecki).

What documents are needed to submit:

  • 3 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit;
  • 4 recent colour photographs;
  • a valid travel document (passport, 2 photocopies);
  • confirmation from the university of acceptance for studies or continuation of studies, or a certificate of participation in training course (certificate is issued by the Faculty office);
  • proof of payment of the required tuition/course fee, if they are payable;
  • documents confirming having health insurance or coverage by the insurer of the cost of treatment in Poland;
  • evidence of sufficient funds to cover the costs of living and return travel to the country of origin or residence and the cost of tuition/training course.

Documents drawn up in a foreign language should be submitted together with their translations into Polish made by a sworn translator.

Where the documents should be submitted:

Mazowieckie Province Office

Department of Foreigners

  1. Marszałkowska 3/5

1st floor, stands 10-11, rooms 14 and 16

office hours:

Monday          10:00-17:30

Tuesday          08:00-15:00

Wednesday     closed

Thursday         08:00-15:00

Friday             08:00-15:00


Applications can be submitted also at:

Regional Offices of the Mazowieckie Province Office

  • in Ciechanów at ul. 17 Stycznia 17, ground floor, room 10
  • in Płock at ul. 3 Maja 16, ground floor, room 10
  • in Radom at ul. Żeromskiego 53, 2nd floor, room 261
  • in Siedlce at ul. Piłsudskiego 38, ground floor, room 14
  • in Ostrołęka at ul. Gorbatowa 15, ground floor, room 46B

office hours: Mon 10:00-17:30; Tue-Thu: 08:00-15:30; Fri 08:00-14:00

Resident Service Centre for the capital city of Warsaw

  1. Starynkiewicza 7/9

office hours: Mon 08:00-17:30; Tue-Fri: 08:00-15:30

Registry Office of the Mazowieckie Province Office

  1. Bankowy 3/5, room 39, entrance B

office hours: Mon-Fri 08:00-16:00

Applications can be submitted only after prior arrangement for a specific day and time. Details about the submitting of applications:,Rules-of-telephone-arrangements.html

What fees are needed to be paid:

PLN 340 at the time of submission of the application, payable to the bank account:

Urząd Dzielnicy Śródmieście

Miasta Stołecznego Warszawy

  1. Nowogrodzka 43

00-691 Warszawa



PLN 50 for the residence card upon receipt of the decision, payable to the bank account:

Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki

Biuro Budżetowo-Księgowe

NBP O/O Warszawa



  • Website:

  • Phone:

22 695 67 70

22 695 67 73

  • E-mail:

Legal basis:

The Act on Foreigners of 12 December 2013 (Journal of Laws of 2003, Item 1650)