Citizens of European Union

Print This Page Print This Page

Residence up to 3 months:

Citizen of European Union can enter Poland and stay within its territory up to 3 months on the basis of valid travel document (passport) or other valid document confirming his/her identity and citizenship.

Over 3 months:

An application for the registration of residence should be submitted in person to a voivode having jurisdiction over place of residence (Wojewoda Mazowiecki), no later than on the next day following the end of the period of 3 months after the entry into the territory of Poland.

What documents are needed to submit:

  • 1 copy of an application for registering the residence,
  • a travel document (passport) or other document confirming identity and citizenship,
  • an admittance certificate issued by university (certificate is issued by the Faculty office),
  • a document confirming health insurance coverage or the right to receive health care benefits,a written declaration on having sufficient funds to be able to support oneself, or a proof of having the above-mentioned funds, e.g.:
    • a credit card;
    • declaration on having the funds in a bank or another financial institution.

Documents drawn up in a foreign language should be submitted together with their translations into Polish made by a sworn translator.

Where the documents should be submitted:

Mazowieckie Province Office

Department of Foreigners

  1. Marszałkowska 3/5

mezzanine, stand 21 (ticket with the letter I)

office hours:

Monday          10:00-17:30

Tuesday          08:00-15:00

Wednesday     closed

Thursday         08:00-15:00

Friday             08:00-15:00

  • Certificate of residence registration is issued free of charge.
  • Failure to comply with the obligation to register the residence is subject to a fine.
  • Certificate of residence registration is valid for an indefinite period of time.


  • On the website:

  • By phone:

22 695 67 52.

Legal basis:

Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of citizens of the European Union Member States and their family members (Journal of Laws of 2006 No. 144, item 1043, as amended)